To provide the students the knowledge and practical skill of mobile application development, so that the students are able to develop mobile application and to solve the problem of an organisation. This course provide knowledge and practical skill of mobile application development process including the fundamental concepts of mobile devices, hardware peripherals, processor architecture, and Operating Systems, so that the students are able to solve the problem of an organisation by developing mobile application. The students will use Java language and utilise the HTML5 technology during development on Android platform.
Content Outline of the Course/Module:
- Introduction to Mobile Devices
- Mobile OS Architectures
- Application Development
- Mobile Device Security
- Mobile Device Application
Upon completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Categorise current issues in the mobile application development process.
- Design and construct a mobile application using various current technologies.
- Explain the significance and advantages of mobile technologies.
- Demonstrate and present the developed mobile application to the audience.
- Explain how the developed mobile application is potential to stimulate the business industry.
|Teaching-learning Methods||Assessment Methods|
|Lecture||Assignment, Progress Test, Final Examination|
|Tutorial||Assignment, Progress Test, Final Examination|
|Student-centered Learning||Assignment, Presentation|
|Computer-based Learning||Assignment, Presentation|
|Practical Works||Assignment, Presentation|