To provide the students with fundamental knowledge emphasises on planning organising, scheduling, and budgeting so that the students are able to demonstrate managing a software development project. This course provide with fundamental knowledge emphasises on planning, organising, scheduling, and budgeting so that the students are able to demonstrate managing a software development project.
Content Outline of the Course/Module:
- The Nature of Information Technology
- Project Conceptualising
- Developing the Project Charter and Baseline Project Plan
- Human Side of Project Management
- Defining and Managing Project Scope
- The Work Breakdown Structure and Project Estimation
- Project Schedule and Budget
- IT Project Risk Management
- Project Communication, Tracking and Reporting
- Quality Management
- Project Change Management
- Project Procurement Management and Outsourcing
- Leadership and Ethics
- Project Implementation, Closure, and Evaluation
Upon completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Analyse and differentiate between Project Life Cycle (PLC) and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Organise the the components of project management, scope, schedule, and budget.
- Identify with full interest in the various tools and employed in project management.
|Teaching-learning Methods||Assessment Methods|
|Lecture||Assignment, Progress Test, Final Examination, Presentation|
|Computer-based Learning||Assignment, Progress Test, Final Examination|
|Group Discussion||Assignment, Presentation|