To provide the students the knowledge about database and the importance of database usage in web technologies and organisations. This course provides the students the knowledge about database, types of database, the implementation of the database, and the importance of database usage in applications.
Content Outline of the Course/Module:
- Overview of Databases
- Relational Model
- Database Design Methodology
- Logical Design
- Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Physical Database Design
- Applications of Database
Upon completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Analyse the fundamentals of database systems concept and design.
- Construct the design of database, top-down or bottom-up, and apply the use of SQL.
- Value the importance of database systems and how it is widely used in the application systems.
|Teaching-learning Methods||Assessment Methods|
|Lecture||Assignment, Progress Test, Final Examination|